Karolyn A. Wanat, MD
Dr. Karolyn A. Wanat is an Associate Professor of Dermatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She received her medical degree from the Washington University School of Medicine. She completed her dermatology residency and dermatopathology fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Wanat is passionate about medical education. She enjoys dermatopathology and the clinical-pathologic correlation between diseases in both outpatient and inpatient dermatology.
Dr. Wanat sees adult patients for general dermatologic care at the Medical College of Wisconsin/Froedtert Hospital and at the Milwaukee VA Medical Center.
Areas of Expertise
- Connective tissue disease
- Blistering disorders
- Neutrophilic dermatoses
- Granuloma annulare
- Necrobiosis lipoidica
- Travel related disorders
- Skin infections
- Skin cancer
Patient Ages Seen
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine – Washington University School of Medicine – St. Louis, MO (2008)
- Internship – St. Luke’s Medical Center – Milwaukee, WI (2008-2009)
- Residency, Dermatology – University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, PA (2009-2012)
- Fellowship, Dermatopathology – University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, PA (2012-2013)
- Certificate of Tropical Medicine through Gorgas Course – Universidad Cayetano Heredia – Lima, Peru (2014)