Physician Assistant Fellowship Program
The Dermatology Physician Assistant Fellowship Program at the Medical College of Wisconsin is a 12 month fellowship certificate program for NCCPA certified physician assistants. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive program to train the Physician Assistant Fellow by preparing them to practice in a variety of dermatology specific settings and assist in becoming a leader in the education and development of the next generation of advanced practice providers by imparting medical knowledge and clinical skills, while role modeling optimal interpersonal relationships.
- Graduation from a PA training program approved by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Masters Degree
- NCCPA Certification completed prior to program start date
- Wisconsin PA license (temporary license in place prior to start)
- Official transcripts from colleges and PA school
- BLS certification
- A one page typewritten narrative explaining your interest in the specialty of dermatology
- Completed application
- Three current professional letters of recommendation (one from your PA training program)
- Current CV
No application fee is required.
- Clinical training (rotations in adult and surgical dermatology)
- Didactic sessions
- Core basic science and non-clinical lectures
- Grand Rounds and journal club participation
- March 1 – Application due date
- April and May – interviews
- July 1 – program start date
A certificate of completion will be awarded from the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Dermatology.
$50,000 with MCW benefit package.
- Wisconsin license renewal
- NCCPA recertification
- DEA certification
- Basic life support
- Professional liability insurance
- Professional membership in SDPA
- Professional development fund*
*Individual must be employed by MCW at the time the expense is incurred.