Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship
The Department of Dermatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is pleased to announce the availability of one funded one-year, ABD-approved pediatric dermatology fellowship position.
The Pediatric Dermatology division includes five full-time faculty members who are all extremely dedicated to education of the fellow as well as residents. The group operates out of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, a leading pediatric medical center and large tertiary care referral hospital both locally and nationally.
Our training experience will focus on consultative outpatient and inpatient Pediatric Dermatology in infants, children, and adolescents. It will also provide unique and substantial experience in laser therapy of cutaneous vascular lesions, surgical procedures in children, and involvement in multidisciplinary programs concerning vascular anomalies and neurofibromatosis. The clinical and translational research interests of members of this team include hemangiomas, vascular malformations, birthmarks, mastocytosis, genodermatoses, atopic dermatitis and autoimmune/connective tissue disorders. The fellow will formulate a research project from study design to completion in addition to being involved in current research endeavors within the department.
*ABD-approved pediatric dermatology fellowship program
The Pediatric Dermatology fellow will:
- Obtain a comprehensive education in general as well as tertiary care pediatric dermatology. Emphasis will be placed on outpatient care as well as inpatient consultative services.
- Gain familiarity and expertise in academic endeavors such as didactic lectures, published papers, and case presentations.
- Formulate a research project from study design to completion in addition to being involved in current research endeavors within the department.
- Obtain skills in both pediatric laser and surgical procedures.
- Obtain specific knowledge of pediatric dermatopathology.
- Master communication with referring physicians and learn how to interact with and effectively communicate with other specialty services in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Completion of an ACGME accredited dermatology residency
- One year commitment
- Must obtain a Wisconsin medical license prior to beginning fellowship
- PGY-V salary
Interested applicants should submit the following.
- curriculum vitae
- (2) letters of support
- personal statement (encouraged but not required)
If you have any questions regarding the Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship Program, please contact: